Monday, November 26, 2007

No, No... a Thousand Times No...

Well, maybe not a thousand times, but here are 10 situations where the appropriate answer is probably in the negative. Read them all and think... "Do I say yes too often?" Probably. I know I do. Maybe 2008 is the year for no. Can I think of a reason for it not to be? Hmmmm. No.
10 Absolute "Nos!" for Freelancers : Freelance Blog + Passive Income: "Anyways, now four years later, my world (AND financial success) now requires ample use of the answer 'No.' And here are ten questions I nearly always answer 'No' to: 1) Can you show me a mock-up to help us choose a designer/developer? No. I fell for this once when I was young and naive. I made no money and wasted lots of time. Don't do unpaid work for the chance to be paid -- this wouldn't fly in any other industry, so why web design? The best case scenario (though rare) is that you get a job with a client who knows that you'll work for free when necessary. The worst case scenario is that they don't pay you, and still use your stuff, knowing you don't have the legal resources to do anything about it. Most likely though, you’ll just waste time."

No comments: