Saturday, February 11, 2006

iStockphoto acquired by Getty

Guy has a small blurb about this, but read the discussion below it to get a sense of the widely diverse opinion. It has always seemed like a no-brainer for a free market (which I am a big believer in). As a photographer however, I found it - well - interesting. I believe that it could be used by commercial photographers to gain more visibility for their assignment work, but I also wondered at how designers could use them for such large projects. (A friend used iStock for a huge capabilites brochure... 6 color thing... just seemed strange.)

I have used them on a number of occasions when I needed a little web graphic or an insert shot for a brochure. Good stuff there.

I don't have a clue what this will mean for iStock or stock shooting in general, but it is indeed an interesting development.
Let the Good Times Roll--by Guy Kawasaki:
Mazel Tov iStockphoto

No comments: