Thursday, August 10, 2006

My DVD nears completion


I have been working on this project for quite a while. You know how these things go. Get an idea, sketch it out, work a little more on it... then it takes on a life of its own. Shooting, editing, filling in - redoing. Whew. Anyway, it is almost finished. Just a bit of editing down to do of a recent shoot and it is ready for shipping.

The premise of the DVD is that lighting is an art that takes understanding more than expensive tools. To show what I mean, I show how to use cheap work lights from Home Depot, a couple of sheets of fomecore, and a shower curtain to do professional looking lighting. My point is that light is a tool that can be manipulated, and doing it with inexpensive tools just reinforces that point.

Anyway, the DVD will ship on September 1 and I will begin work on a second one on shooting glamour. I want to have that one in the can by November 1. You can see more of it here.

No comments: