Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yep... It Works


Erin in a Red Dress
Originally uploaded by Wilgar
One of my workshop attendees is using some of the very simple (yet elegant) lighting techniques. I am a huge believer in light as a substantive property that is malleable and controllable. Light is photography's most important subject.

This image is so well lit that it is hard to imagine that it was lit with only a couple of work lights and a shower curtain. But when you know how to light, the tools become simple to use. And you will find that manipulating light doesn't require a ton of money, just a lot of practice and creativity.

Damn fine image, Wilgar.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Thank you so much for the kind words! I have to say that this lighting technique is quickly becoming my standby when I don't have time to experiment! I KNOW I can set this up and position my subject very quickly and be sure of getting quality images!

===Wilgar===>>