Thursday, August 02, 2007

Leaders to Luddites: The Journey Snags Another

So the one time cultural leader, iconic musician Elton John wants to close down the internet. He has his reasons... music today is not as good as music from the past, good music has been limited, people don't talk to each other... Yeah, Elton. I remember when I got my Richie Valenz album way back in the late fifties. My pops said the exact same thing. (And personally, I don't care much for current pop music, listening mostly to jazz, modern classical and film score... but I try to refrain from making moronic statements that harken the remembrances of hurts past.)

Not that anyone would listen to this fool, but it really interests me when people have no sense of irony or perspective on their perceived self importance. (I wonder how many ISP's are having conniptions over their soon forced demise because Elton John has decreed the internet must go.) Probably, err, none.
The Sun Online - News: Why we must close the net: "POP legend Sir Elton John wants the internet CLOSED DOWN.

Never one to keep his opinions to himself, the Rocket Man has waded into cyberspace with all guns blazing.

He claims it is destroying good music, saying: “The internet has stopped people from going out and being with each other, creating stuff."

No comments: