Thursday, January 24, 2008

Some Interesting Links

Steve McCurry is one of my favorite PJ shooter. He is interviewed at PDN.
Steve McCurry: An Interview with PDN: "'When shooting Kodachrome rated 64 or pushed to 80, when it got dark you simply couldn’t stop action or you had to go to a tripod. In shooting digitally, you can change your ISO and keep on going.' For a shot like this, he recalls, 'I used to do a lot of bracketing, but you never knew exactly what you were getting in that kind of situation. Now, if the exposure is reasonably accurate, you can salvage details later with the RAW file.'"
Take a look at Simon Norfolk's work. Tasty and cool.

Do you have a Carbon Made Portfolio yet? Free and really fun.

Time to register for my next Lighting Workshop.
It will be on a Sunday for some of the wedding shooters who have been asking for it. I do three Sundays per year, maybe a few more if needed. I am also looking for photographers who may want to host a workshop in their town. If you do, drop me a line and I will elaborate. Essentially, if you are the local host, you take it for free.

We are in the planning stages for a workshop in Mexico. Same low price, way cool site with a beach. We may run two in a row, and I will have more information on that soon. Rocky Pointe area of Mexico at a very nice resort. Cool, eh?

No comments: