Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Wanna Learn to Light...

... with all kinds of tools?

I am embarking on a year long mini school on the Lighting-Essentials site. There will be tutorials there every week. All will have video, links, diagrams, charts... whatever it takes to get the information out. From studio strobes to speedlights, hot lights to natural light, we will cover it all. Please feel free to visit and comment and tell your friends!!!



First episode is an introduction to umbrellas. We work with only one umbrella and add a single fill card to it. Movie is 12 minutes and while not action packed, it is still kinda fun. Comments about my ass will be removed and commenters banned for life.

Cheers,

7 comments:

Jebb said...

Thanks for starting this Don. I already had a pretty good grasp of these concepts, but simple explanation with the modeling lights on is very helpful. It'll definitely be a great reference for anyone learning to light. I'm looking forward to the future installments.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Don this is good stuff. Thanks for taking the time and sharing what you know. This was a very clear demonstration of the umbrella basics (some of which I needed to learn)

I've followed your comments on a few Flickr fora and they're always insightful. It's wonderful that people with such experience are so willing to share. The only problem is, well, I'm worried about you... when do you sleep?

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the course.

Anonymous said...

Hi, there is a way to have this video on iTune? Wuld be really usefull for me.

Till S. said...

Hi Don, thanks for your generosity and sharing your knowledge! I whish I could subscribe to the upcoming tutorials via RSS (I did it for you blog but can't figure out how to do it with the L.E. articles).

Cheers
Till_Hamburg

Don said...

angelo:
I dunno. I will see if I can figure out how to do that. Thanks for the idea!

till: I am working on that, don't have an answer yet. However, the tutorials will go up on Sunday or Monday of every week. I will also blog the new tutorial movie, so if you are RSS'd to the blog, you should be good.

Jerry Pennington said...

Good stuff. Thanks so much for putting your time and effort into sharing with everyone. You don't know how much it's appreciated.

Anonymous said...

just terrific, thanks for sharing your knowledge!