Thursday, June 11, 2009

Zen Photography Practice | New Horse Photography

Nice read. Read it all.
Zen Photography Practice | New Horse Photography:
"So, some days I choose not be lock-on, and other days it sneaks up on me. I forget this is my behavior, my nature until I see it happen within my relationships. I suppose we’re all capable of this behavior, to be too sensitive, or too intense… Something. My most inner climate is intense, full of rich colors, amazing shapes and contrast, juxtapositions and paradoxical ideas. Only when my guard is down do I see this manifest in my relationships… Maybe that too is becoming more authentic, which is my personal goal in life.

That is my goal in photography. To bring about my understanding of that most authentic and sincere moment, or characteristic in a person. That deep authenticity can be so fleeting that it is only a ripple under the skin, a passing emotion on the face. If I lose my vigilance I miss that moment. The thing is, I don’t try to be vigilant. I try NOT to be. Vigilance is my nature."

No comments: