Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hi Linda. I agree, stay home.

We in Arizona are trying very hard to elevate our intelligence level. You, maam, are too ignorant to actually be able to read.

So you demonize, and call people who are simply asking for the laws to be followed, nazis and racists.

And, hey, that's OK. It is the first place someone with no depth, no evaluative reasoning skills, and is, in fact, a place that most racist, homophobic, fascist styled useful idiots go.

The law does NOT make it illegal to be brown. Or Hispanic. Or immigration.

It has to do with being here legally, being an honored member of our fantastic, wildly diverse, nation.

Legally.

I am interested to know which other countries you have visited that would not require you to show papers - as you are NOT a resident/citizen there? Any? Germany (gotta get that Nazi thing in there for ya, Linda)? Russia? China? Mexico? None?

We do NOT require people who are citizens to carry any kind of papers. We do ask for those who are legally here to carry green cards, passports, and other identification. It is the law.

But anarchy fits when it works toward the ethics challenged left.

So, please. Do stay home in NY and have yourself a great day.
Breathing While Undocumented - Opinionator Blog - NYTimes.com

"So what to do in the meantime? Here’s a modest proposal. Everyone remembers the wartime Danish king who drove through Copenhagen wearing a Star of David in support of his Jewish subjects. It’s an apocryphal story, actually, but an inspiring one. Let the good people of Arizona — and anyone passing through — walk the streets of Tucson and Phoenix wearing buttons that say: I Could Be Illegal"
What a POS this broad is to try to paint me as a racist. Dare her to say it to my face.

I truly fucking do.

2 comments:

Philip Hodgetts said...

Er, as a now Permanent Resident of the USA, I would like to point out that the USA Immigration Law requires all resident aliens (legal) to carry passport and visa "on their person at all times". So your assertion that the USA does not require this is simply incorrect.

As a permanent resident I am still required to have my Green Card on me at all times. Just like those countries you dismiss.

Perhaps it would be wiser to research the law you're commenting on. (US Immigration Law, not the Arizona one).

Not that this changes your point much, but still, better to be accurate.

Philip

Don said...

Thanks Philip.

I was typing and editing so fast I missed my own mistake.

I have since corrected it. I meant to say that we do NOT require citizens to carry papers, but that we DO require those who are not citizens, but here legally, do so.

Thanks for pointing that out. I mistyped my own post.