Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Photo Editor - I Think This Is Where Journalism Is Going

Rob: Video cameras have existed for a long time now, what’s changed?

Stephen: Technologically this is possible now. A photographer and a radio reporter can go into the field and come back with a set of pictures, 3 written essays, 3 radio reports and a film. Just the 2 of us in the field working together sharing the production and reporting. Then of course a great team at NPR working closely with us in post production. I don’t think I could have pulled my end off if I was using a video camera and a still camera. Aesthetically, the stills and video are similar enough that I can switch gears between them. Plus these new cameras will work in almost no light so with my fast canon lenses I can shoot anywhere.

Yep.

Posted via email from Now This is Cool...

No comments: