What I have never revealed until now is that he is also one of my most important mentors. His words and life have inspired me to think bigger, push harder, and strive for excellence in everything I do.
Here are just ten of lessons I have learned from him.
- You can never be too generous. Give to others—and then give some more!
- The only difference between you and the people who accomplish great things is the way you think.
- Always be asking yourself, “What is important now? What is next?”
- Make today count. Live it like it is your last. Every minute matters.
- Eat dessert first. Learn to celebrate life and then live out of that celebration.
- Assume YOU are the problem. When you do, you quit becoming the victim and begin shaping the outcome.
- Embrace rejection. Every no puts you one step closer to a yes.
- You never really cross the finish line. Performing at a big show, publishing a book, or even getting a record deal isn’t the finish line. It’s the new starting line.
- Life is not about finding yourself; it is about creating yourself.
- Play full-out. Hold nothing in reserve.
Read the whole post for context... and get ready for this crazed year!