Friday, February 22, 2013

Lens Flair, Fashion Designers Are Shooting Their Own Campaigns: ... ... I got nothin'...

It all started, as so many such things seem to, with Karl Lagerfeld, the archetypal contemporary designer. “I was the first,” Lagerfeld says magisterially, before admitting that, in fact, “Thierry Mugler did it also many years ago.” Lagerfeld’s initial foray into commercial photography sprang from a spat. “The press packs that I distribute at the show used to be done by has-beens or young debutante photographers,” he explains. “One season at Chanel, in 1987, they did three tests, and they were all awful. I said to the director of fashion imagery, ‘I’m very sorry, but that doesn’t work.’ And he said to me, ‘If you’re going to be like that, do it yourself.’ ” So, being Lagerfeld, he borrowed a Hasselblad, hired an assistant, and did just that.

http://www.wmagazine.com/fashion/2013/03/fashion-designers-shoot-their-own-ca...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this great post
FEVR Best Explainer Video Agency in NYC