Friday, July 01, 2005

I love to work... so does Eva Zeisel

One of the true joys of living is doing what you love to do as your vocation. I have been a drummer, composer, photographer, art director and designer. I love doing each of these things. I may do some other things as well before departure day. But I hope I am still doing what I love when I am 98.

Do you love what you do enough to do it for free? For fun? For the hell of it? If you don't, it may be a little tougher for you to get up in the morning than it is for those who truly believe that their calling is their avocation and vice versa.
Eva Zeisel makes beautiful things / She's been at it for decades and at 98, is enjoying a new vogue: "

New York -- A few months ago, designer Eva Zeisel was contacted by Swarovski, the Austrian cut-crystal manufacturer. They asked her to submit ideas for designs and said they'd send her a contract so she could get started.

'I hope it arrives soon,' Zeisel, who is 98, told her daughter matter-of- factly. 'I am unemployed!'"

No comments: