Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hot? Let me tell you...

Off topic but interesting...

This morning I purchased some 12 pack sodas for the office and forgot them in the car. When I went out this afternoon and saw them, they seemed a little weird looking. When I grabbed the 12 pack of diet Pepsi one of the cans exploded. By the time I had set it down on the ground 6 more exploded and at the end we were only able to save 2 cans. The diet Pepsi Blast fared a little better - 6 cans exploded. The Coke (non diet) seemed to be fine.

The car was in the shade and the temp read 113 ambient. Inside the car it must have been 130 plus degrees. That's hot. In the shade.

You don't leave cameras in the car that's for sure.

1 comment:

joybeeme78 said...

yea, i heard that once from a gas station employee. he was bringing in all the diet sodas from outside. said they would all blow up. i thought he was nuts. guess he was right. hope it didn't make a huge mess in your car.