Monday, January 25, 2010

PART 1: ESTABLISH BASELINE PORTRAIT PRICING » Brand Camp Blog

Interesting. I hope some of the lower priced photographers will read this and understand that being cheap is, well, being cheap. Who wants to be the cheapest in town? Read the whole thing!
PART 1: ESTABLISH BASELINE PORTRAIT PRICING » Brand Camp Blog:

"Perhaps you’d like a 10×10″ print with a nasty Photoshop action applied for only $79.99…

Oh, and that 16×20″ print you’re scared to sell for $60? It’s $99.99 at the big S.

Think your collections are too expensive? The Picture People are offering groupings from $149 – $975. Yes, $975.

You’ll find Kiddie Kandids pricing similar to the others…about $20 per 8×10″ print. Same at Sadie’s."

2 comments:

Iconica Studios said...

This is most valuable to me. This seems to be the biggest hurdle for me right now in my business. I have the light thing down and processing somewhat now if I could set up a pricing model that is competitive and affordable at the same time.

Gordon Runkle said...

Nice find, Don; thanks for sharing! I especially liked the insight into what the mass-market studios are actually charging once customers get past the "bait" offer.