Wednesday, August 08, 2012

We are all just "Faking It." - and that may be why we keep making art. Looking for the moment that becomes real.

Because I am faking it. We all are. We’re making it up as we go. That’s what creative people in any pursuit do. It’s not a part of what we do, it’s the very nature of what we do. We try new things, go where we’ve never gone, we do things for which there are neither rules nor established ways we should do what we do. In the process we make a lot of mistakes, fall on our faces, and – in the case of photographers – we make a lot of really bad photographs, the sketch images I often talk about, in pursuit of the good ones

I am not sure that I would call it 'faking' though.

Seems rather derogatory.

I think of it as a search for clarity in an unclear world... and when you find it, it simply rocks.

No comments: