Thursday, January 03, 2013

"Breaking Up With Flash | Michael Novotny" - Wow... the development platforms are exploding...

These turn of events is what led me to WordPress and the more traditional web stack of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Technologies like HTML5 and CSS3 have emerged in the wake of this new post-Flash era, with an unrelenting and unapologetic attitude.

I have been doing development for 11 years now and I have never experienced such an explosion in development as we are in right now. Yes, I know I am young with even 11 years of experience in the technology landscape, but just look at what is going on now that did not even exist just 2 – 3 years ago. Entire industries and livelihoods have been birthed in such a short time.

These days remind me of the heady days of early netscape and single pixel gifs... but about a thousand times more exciting.

2013 is the year of change... I predict that much.

But... heh, that ain't too hard to figure.

No comments: