Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Jerk Outs Himself... here you go

You saw the post I did earlier on the jerk who sent a rude letter to a friend of mine. I was very careful not to use his name, nor would I have... except he just sent me this. You have to understand that when someone threatens me, I am going to make it public. And remember, all this hate because a model simply did not respond to his original, creepy demand to shoot with her. Earlier post.

Edited: Take a look at what he left on my MM page. It is priceless. Priceless, I say. LOL.

Here is the message I just got in my inbox.
Mr. Giannatti:

I have read the posts both you and Miss _____ have put up on Model Mayhem regarding my PRIVATE communications with Miss Shaker and believe me when I tell you my use of the term "Mr." in referring to you is only out of convention because the use of that term implies that you are somehow a "man" and nothing is farther from the truth. You are nothing more than a spoiled, selfish little boy who will never grow up and become an adult.

Below I am providing you with a copy of the message I sent to Miss _____ after your juvenile tantrum and I hope that by reading it you will somehow, someday gain an understanding as to why rude, ill-mannered, unprofessional behavior as displayed by Miss ______ is never acceptable and never will be acceptable under any circumstances, ever.

The world does not revolve around Miss ______ or anyone else for that matter and yet she seems to feel that she doesn't have to take any responsibility at all for herself and her conduct and everything will be given to her and she is so very wrong and maybe someday she will come to realize this and be a better person for it.

I have blocked both your and Miss _______'s access to my Page on Model Mayhem and this will be my final communication on this matter and I suggest that you discontinue your communications as well. Every time you post something on Model Mayhem you only succeed in proving to everyone how insignificant you are.

I wish both you and Miss ______ the best in your respective efforts and I do not expect to hear from either of you again.

Just for your own information, I have provided both the Phoenix Police and the Model Mayhem moderators with a copy of your threat to "deal with him in my own way" and the IP Address of the computer you used to communicate your threat has been logged in case you make further attempts to threaten me.

Sincerely,

David Allen
David Allen Photography
Phoenix, AZ
_________________________________________

Miss ________:

I read with interest and quite a bit of humor the tantrum that your so-called “father” Don Giannatti put up on Model Mayhem this morning. I don’t know who he thinks he is but all he succeeded in doing was to make him look even more like the total jerk that he is.

I have no intention of apologizing for the message that I sent you because you deserve it. I moved here 4 years ago from Chicago, IL and before that I lived in the metropolitan Washington, DC area and nowhere in my life have I ever seen a more useless, immature, and completely unprofessional population that I have living here.

There is absolutely no excuse at all for rude, ill-mannered, and unprofessional behavior and yet the people here, including you, seem to feel it is a given right to act this way and I can tell you for a fact that while it seems to be acceptable here it is most certainly not proper or acceptable behavior and I do not tolerate it at all. If you acted the way you do anywhere else you would be shunned and you would have no opportunities at all.

I personally respond to each and every communication that I receive even if my response is to thank a model for their time and interest and to politely decline their offer to collaborate. This morning while I was laughingly hysterically as I read Don Giannatti’s immature tantrum I took the time to responded to two models who had contacted me.

Do you think you are better than I am? Do you think your time is more valuable than mine is? I can tell you for a fact that the answer to both of these questions is an unqualified no but you seem to feel that you are and as such you have no responsibility at all to act in a professional and responsible manner and this only serves to reflect badly on you. You need to grow up and take responsibility for your modeling and your life and stop acting like a selfish, spoiled child and expecting everyone else to do everything for you.

Why do you think I took the time to contact you? Do you think I (and other photographers) have nothing better to do or that we want to play silly games with models? I took the time out of my day to contact you because I like your work and I wanted to work with you and that is a compliment coming from me or any other photographer and deserves a response. Your photos are good but you are no different than any of the hundreds of other models out there. Anyone can look good in their clothes and know how to pose their body but the real difference is in how you treat and interact with others and this is what sets the true professional models apart from the so-called models. Everything that you do is an extension and representation of yourself and I would think you want people to think well of you and not think of you as “that little girl who never follows through” but maybe you simply don’t care.

You need to always keep in mind that people have long memories and they remember how they are treated and the guy you blew off yesterday might be the very same guy who is in the position of making the decision of who gets that really great modeling job 6 months from now and that guy will remember how you treated him.

Another reason why I contacted you is that I wanted to help you diversify your portfolio. It isn’t hard to take your clothes off and have someone photograph you but to be seriously considered you need to have a wide variety of images in your portfolio.

I do see potential in your work but you need to think very seriously about why you are modeling and where you want to go with it and even whether you should even be modeling. I also think you need to mature and rethink the way you treat and deal with people because there is and never will be any excuse for rude, ill-mannered, and unprofessional behavior and it will only work against you. Good luck.

Sincerely,

David Allen
David Allen Photography
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the sincere view of true professionalism sir. I promise never to contact you again. And please, PLEASE, show me the same courtesy. That's taking care of it in my own way.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Don. I read your earlier post with his letter, as well as this guys rant on model mayhem. It would be hilarious if his aggressive ignorance weren't so alarming. But we must cut the guy some slack. Snapping photos at the DMV all day has GOT to be a stresfull day job.

Tammy said...

Don, I need to thank you for posting the link to that guy's MM page. You've done us all a tremendous service...next time we need blandly lit headshots with distracting background and no contrast, we'll know exactly who to call! THANK YOU for helping us find that valuable resource.

I think my next blog post needs to be about safety for those who work through sites like MM. (And I say that as both a photographer who is female -- apparently a rarity on MM -- and as someone who's spent five years volunteering as a rape crisis advocate.) Sadly, I think the photographers like you are probably in the minority on sites like MM, and photographers like him are probably the majority.

Don said...

thank you Tammy. It certainly is an interesting culture there. Very dangerous and full of misconceptions and dishonesty.

It was my first foray into the MM forums. Needless to say, my last. EEEUUUWWW...

Anonymous said...

Saw the MM drama, and read this post.

That's quite the diatribe from that psycho, considering the model has never said a single word to him.

That guy is simply rotted out with bitterness and anger in his life. If he channeled all that energy into his photography (which I checked out), instead of feeding his adolescent demons, he might actually learn how to take photos.

I doubt he contacted the police. And if he did... they probably didn't respond. :)

Tammy said...

The MM forums creep me out, too. I poked one toe in there once and promptly fled. Besides, I've better things to do than spend my day hassling with the sleazy crowd. A real photographer, I think, is one who's making pictures, not one who spends his days trolling Web forums bragging about the gear he's got and trying to convince women to get undressed for him.

I posted on my blog today about the link between safety and creativity, when one is operating in one of these communities. Sad that we live in a world where such concerns are a part of our life, methinks.

I know there are lots of decent, legitimate, hardworking people on sites like MM. But it sure doesn't take many of the other kind to spoil it for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know that while you removed the model's name on most instances, there's one in the first paragraph that you missed.