Sunday, November 25, 2007

"That Guy?" This Guy is "That Guy"

Geeeeeezzzz... I am cruising around YouTube and I find this. I sat mesmerized. He electrified the audience singing, really singing, an opera piece. They stood, they cried, they absolutely went nuts. You gotta watch this. You really do. Then watch the second video for a look at how it turns out when you are a totally amazing, classy, wonderfully charming man who sings like very few. Wow.

Here he sings the entire version, not the edited audition piece. He is a little nervous, but I have rarely heard it sung better. I love the way he does the bridge... just love it. Listen how he attacks right after the chorale in the second chorus. I think it is amazing.

How does it end? Well, like this.

2 comments:

bmillios said...

Looks like he found his "true, authentic swing", eh?

http://wizwow.blogspot.com/2007/11/true-authentic-swing-yeah-hows-about-we.html

Good for him. I'm ordering his album for some folks for Christmas.

ericrudd said...

Yeah, he was on Oprah the other day. Truly magnificent. Even more so when I discovered he is a mobile phone salesman and still does it for a living.

Eric